1

Thursday, January 04, 2007

10:24PM RST

Thus begins my third day in Poitiers, but I should update you on the past few days first.

Joanna left us on the morning on the 1st and we ended up sleeping in until about 10AM. We decided to indulge in a little taste of home: McDonalds. It may not have been the most luxurious thing to eat in Paris, but it was certainly on of the cheapest. We then ventured out to meet the person who was holding Alma's train tickets and to purchase our own tickets for the next day to Poitiers. After this was all accomplished, we carried out our plans to visit Notre Dame Cathedral, which was very amazing in itself.

The following day, Alma left for Switzerland at 7 and Eric and I took our train to Poitiers a couple of hours later. Everything ran perfectly on time and we met Mr. Phillipe Gervis shortly after 12PM. He was a very nice gentleman, as I had heard, and should be a great landlord. We are both quite pleased with our apartments.

The past three days in Poitiers have combined exploring the area, planning trips to take this week with Eric, planning Sarah's trip to visit me in February/March, and being a little homesick. I am antsy for the other students to arrive and for school to begin. My apartment, which will house 7 students, is currently resided in by me alone.

Eric and I are taking a day trip to Bordeaux tomorrow and then a trip to London and Cambridge from Monday to Thursday. The airport here flies directly to London and the entire trip, including airfare, bus fare, and hostels will only cost me $225 CAD. Should pass the time by quite quickly before I get into school and am able to meet the other students.

As a side note, I began posting pictures a few days ago here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/briancleveland/

1 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger shannon said...

dont worry, like i told Sarah, once the semester starts...the time will fly! when ur other roommates start showing up it'll help alot too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home